At the Law Offices of Andrew Shein, P.A., we are experienced in handling all types of domestic violence injunctions – whether the parties are married, living together, dating, or have children. We represent people who are accused of committing an act of violence (Respondent) and we represent those who are the victims of domestic violence and seeking protection from the Courts (Petitioners).
A Permanent Injunction against Domestic Violence has significant impact on a family law case.
A Permanent Injunction –
- is enforceable in all fifty states.
- may severely restrict time spent (visitation) with your child and even result in only supervised visits.
- may require temporary shelter for you and your family.
- prohibit a person from possessing firearms, even for hunting.
- may affect employment, military service, the ability to obtain professional licenses and admission to schools.
The consequences should an Injunction be granted are very serious. Therefore, the Court requires an evidentiary hearing to determine whether or not to grant a permanent injunction. At this hearing, both sides are allowed to present witness testimony and evidence (i.e. photos, recordings). It is very important to have an experienced attorney on your side who is knowledgeable and comfortable before the Judge and will aggressively advocate for you.
If an injunction is granted, a person accused of violating a permanent Injunction will be arrested and criminal charges will be filed by the State Attorney’s Office.
Call 813-877-HELP (4357)
to schedule a FREE initial consultation.