There are certain minimum mandatory punishments for ALL FIRST TIME offenders convicted of DUI.
ADJUDICATION OF GUILT: This is a conviction for a misdemeanor DUI charge and cannot be sealed or expunged off your record.
TWELVE (12) MONTHS PROBATION, INCLUDING –
- pay a $500 fine
- pay approximately $480 in court costs
- complete DUI School: 12 hour in-person DUI class followed by an evaluation for alcohol and substance abuse and completing any recommended treatment
- perform 50 hours of community service.
- six (6) month Court ordered driving revocation, and
- a 10 day immobilization of your vehicle
If you complete the terms of your probation, you may ask the Court to terminate your probation earlier than the 12 month term.
The MAXIMUM penalty if convicted of DUI is up to 180 days in jail for a first offender, and if a crash occurred, up to 364 days in jail. If you have prior DUI convictions, or if your breath sample was over 0.15, you will face enhanced punishments.
Posted in: DUI