Florida creates specific instructions for parties attempting to relocate, including a procedure for obtaining the permission of the Court. This process must be followed even if your Final Judgment is silent on the issue. You will need to provide a detailed written notification to the other party, who will then have the right to object. If the other party objects, then an evidentiary hearing will take place on this issue. The burden of proof will be on the parent seeking to re-locate as to, among other things, why this move would be in the children’s best interests.

Posted in: Family Law